Sunday, July 6, 2008

3000 papers cost a Tree

I am sure everyone who finds time to visit my blog will surely have a lot of time to kill ... so I am sure the people who read this are the ones who check their mails everyday. With such great knowledge of my Target audience and their surfing patterns on the net(its a delibrate effort to sound pompous and I amn't apologetic about it), let me write a small observation which made me put my brains to work.
If you have observed, our janta usually has a signature line attached to each mail. Some that I came across are:
  • Don't give up because hard work pays
  • Not by merits, but by mercy
  • I like crying in the rains coz on one can see my tears
and so many more... but the important things is that none of them were impressive enough to make me think of signatures .
Last week, I got a mail from the Chief Marketing Officer of one of the group companies of Financial Technologies( the company which has bought my brains....loll!!). His signature line goes as: " 3000 papers cost a tree so don't take printouts unnecessarily."
I was really impressed by the line cause most lines I have seen are motivating stuff, religious beliefs or something the user finds interesting . But this was the first time that I saw some Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) message as a signature. We all can take a cue out of his book and come up with signatures as informative and action initiating ... and what better than a message to save the environment and take steps towards the already threatening problem of global warming .
I would like all readers of mine also to act like this top-level executive and write signature lines jo aam aadmi ke liye informative ho and usme kuch achcha karne ka junoon paida kar sake...
If you want to suggest signature lines of such calibre, feel free to drop in such comments here . We can surely use this platform and the highly underrated web medium to take up issues of such significance to the environment and mankind in general.

1 comment:

Rajiv Bhatt said...

In our office they promoted the following signature and many people are using it .. "It takes years to grow a tree but a moment to save it. Save paper. Save Trees."

Btw.. my signature is : "Live for nothing but die for something!" ;)

aur bhai mere m in Nerul :) tera phone try kiya was not available kal phir try karta hoon!!